Monday, November 01, 2010

when upon life's billows

The leaves are falling from the trees, the days are getting shorter, and you can smell autumn in the air. You know what all that means... It's time to kick off the 7th Annual Attitude of Gratitude Challenge.

Here's how it works:
Each day during the month of November I will post three things I am grateful for. You should, too. Let me know if you are posting your gratitudes on your blog and I will put a link to your blog here on my blog.

Definition of "things"- the term "things" is used here to encompass a myriad of stuff including, but not limited to:
  • a certain set of circumstances
  • an event
  • an inanimate object distinguished from a living being
  • possessions or effects
  • a deed or act
  • a product of work or activity
  • a person
  • an idea or notion
  • a piece of news or information
  • a personal memory
  • anything that makes you smile
The challenge is to come up with three ORIGINAL "things" each day. Try not to repeat entries.

WARNING OF POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS!!
Please note that challenge participation may result in any or all of the following:
- you will be surprised at all the Lord has done for you
- angels will attend
- you will feel help and comfort
- you will find yourself "singing as the days go by"
- your doubts will fly
(see LDS Hymn #241 for the above references)

November 1
1. I am grateful that my brother and his family came over for dinner last night and we were able to revive/continue our Halloween tradition of dinner-in-a-pumpkin and homemade donuts. Yum, yum, yum. I should also add my gratitude for my aunt and uncle who taught us about enjoying Halloween as adults and establishing a tradition that doesn't require trick-or-treat aged children.

2. I am grateful that we came home from our church Halloween carnival on Saturday night with a bag of candy that I had no desire to eat (or allow Gulliver to eat) and so I had something to pass out to the few groups of neighborhood hoodlums that came trick-or-treating last night.

3. I am grateful that this past month has had weather pleasant enough that we haven't had to use the air conditioner or the heater and so have ridiculously low utility bills this month. What a blessing.

No comments: